- A Timeline of Lady Gaga’s Fibromyalgia Journey
- Scientists Uncover Shocking Cause of Fibromyalgia
- 'No One Should Be Doing Keto Diet' Says Leading Cardiologist
- Thyroid Tablets Recalled in UNITED STATES Because of Impurity Risk
- Woman who says cannabis oil cured brain cancer joins parents' fight to change drug policy
There is an alarming number of people who suffer from Crohn’s disease. Crohn’s disease is defined as an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). It affects the body by causing inflammation in the digestive tract. This leads to severe diarrhea, abdominal pain, weight loss, and severe fatigue. According to statistics, as of August 2017, about three million adults in the United States suffer from IBD. There has been no record of a cure for Crohn’s, until now! Scientists believe that cannabis can treat Crohn’s disease.
There is a lot of speculation in regards to the medical use of cannabis. Its social use has overshadowed its medical use over the years. But with laws being passed that will eventually legalize it; it’s now starting to get recognition.
The root cause of Crohn’s disease is still unknown, but scientists are hoping that cannabis can treat Crohn’s disease and become a viable option.
Before I get into the study that illustrates how cannabis can treat Crohn’s disease, let me give you some background on the actual disease. As I mentioned, the cause is unknown. But research shows that the immune system is what triggers the disease. It attacks good bacteria and food in the gut, which causes it to become inflamed.